Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!


I want to wish all you mothers out there a very happy Mother's Day! I loved every minute of raising my kids and now that they're grown, I miss it! All you mother's of little children, treasure this time with your children -- they grow much too fast!
I made this card for a very special grandmother and greatgrandmother! (not mine) She's a remarkable woman with more stamina than women half her age, and a sunny disposition and ready smile!
This is my very first attempt at using flower soft, and I'm happy with how it turned out. I tried to get a "Victorian" look for this card, so I used the flowered background, which I scalloped, added a layer of pink textured paper, which I also scalloped, added the white lace ribbon for more "Victorian" charm, and embellished it with three pink rhinesones for a little "bling." I hope she likes it!

13 comments:

Jacque said...

Marie, it is so lovely that anyone would be so pleased to receive it...Have a wonderful weekend...Hugs...Jacque

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

Beautiful! All your cards are gorgeous!! Very pretty!
hugz
deb

Suzanne J Dean said...

Just beautiful Marie! I love the vintage feel & it's really pretty!

hugz,
Suzanne

PBrown9624 said...

I think your card is very pretty. I think you achieved the "vintage" look you were going for. I bet she'll love it!

Cami said...

Very love card, Marie. I like the Victorian look and you have done a great job. Hapy Mother's Day to you. Cami

Danni said...

You did a wonderful job! I like the flower soft...so pretty!

Peggie said...

Such a sweet card.

Candy said...

Hi Marie,

You certainly achieved your Victorian feel the way you made your card. The floral paper is perfect as is the lace ribbon. The stamp itself looks Victorian as well, and you have done a great job using the Flower Soft. The lady recieving this card is sure to love it!!

Hugs, Candy

Good Kardma by Jules said...

What a beauty! The flower soft turned out great and it definitely has a Victorian feel to it.

Christine Riley said...

Beautiful card, Marie! I love the flower soft and the colors and paper choices are just perfect!
Hugs, Christine

Brandi said...

Beautiful!

cabio's craft corner said...

Hi Marie, Your card is gorgeous. Love the flower soft on the image. Very nice!
Hugs,
Cabio

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

I love this pretty card! Very nice work & I'm sure she loved receiving it.